[Ingredients] For four servings
- 18 oz (500g) thin slices of Joshu Wagyu short loin
- 1 block of broiled tofu
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 pack of shirataki
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of burdock
- 1 bunch of green leek
- Warishita (sukiyaki soup)
- 4/5 cup (200cc) sake
- 2/5 cup (100cc) soy sauce
- 1 3/4 oz (50g) sugar
- 4 eggs
1. Prepare warishita by mixing sake, soy sauce and sugar.
2. Whittle burdock (see “Yanagawa-nabe”) . Cut onion horizontally in approximately 1/3 in. (7mm) thick slices. Cut leek into segments approximately 2 in. (5cm) in length. Cut off the lower stem of the shiitake mushrooms and slice them diagonally.
3. Cut broiled tofu in bite-size. Coarsely cut and blanche shirataki.
4. Place beef and other ingredients in a sukiyaki pan and add the warishita to simmer. Dip the cooked ingredients in beaten egg before eating.
Recommended cuts: Sirloin, Ribloin, Chuck roll, Shoulder clod, Rib short rib, short plate, gooseneck round, knuckle.